Almost the best blog ever!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Performing and Chapter 2

I think I will be working with Laura on her week of performing. We have thought of a way to incorporate dance into our work. I will be learning how to line dance (yes me the worst dancer there is will be line dancing). We will be studying what kind of dances were used back in the Cajun days and how it has changed. I think this will be pretty good, and I think it will be a lot of fun. I love to dance, even if I'm not good, and I'm excited to learn. The idea was Laura's and it's really cool!!
I think that this chapter was much better then the previous one and the prologe. To be honest, I had no clue what was going on in the first bit. This chapter made more sense, and it was accually somewhat interesting to read. I thought the bottle tops on the fingers was a cool way to make guitar sounds. Then we heard it on the movie today and it made even more sense to me. I also thought at then end of the chapter with the lynching of that guy who killed those people, was to give an example of what blacks would go through, and to show what the US government can do when put onto them. It's a sad story cause they died, but it showed a lot. The discussion was hard to kind of understand today also. It was going so fast, and once I thought of something to say, another thing would come up and I would forget. I feel bad for not participating more, but it's hard for me to discuss on a book then real life things. It's easy for me, because I feel more into life then I do a book. I will read better for the following discussions so we can have more to talk about.
That is the end of another blog of mine.

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

I really like your idea on the performance - I really look forward to it!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "To be honest, I had no clue what was going on in the first bit". I assume some of it made sense (you didn't seem completely lost), but I'm not clear on what parts of the prologue and first chapter confused you. Could you be more specific?

When you say that the discussion was "going so fast", do you mean that we were changing topics too quickly? What might help you feel more comfortable participating? Would breaking into small groups now and then be useful?

I really appreciate your honesty about both the reading and the discussion. That's exactly the kind of comments we need to make the class better for everyone. Thanks!