Almost the best blog ever!

Monday, October 02, 2006

In the Country of Country-Prologe and Section 2

I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I'm so happy that we have started this book! I'm really liking it. I'm not a big country fan, but actually reading it, I was amazed. I started reading the book on Saturday, just to get ahead of schedule, and I couldn't quit. I started reading at Pomme de Tarre Park and I had to move cause there was wedding pictures, so I moved to the East Side Park, where I finished. This must be pretty good, since I read it all the way through. It's hard for me to concentrate on a book for long, I get bored, but with this one, I couldn't stop, I can't wait to keep reading. I'm gonna start right off with section 2. I had known about these three ladies, but hadn't KNOWN about them. The first lady is Sara Carter. I did not know much about her at all. I knew about her daughter June Carter Cash, but I had no clue that was her daughter. She married at the age of 16, that surprised me. It's sad though that she divorced, pretty much her love of her life too. He worked so hard, A.P did for them. But she just did the singing for him, and she just wanted to be a stay at home mom. Her heart wasn't in it, unlike his.
Kitty Wells sure did make her way into success too. She hit big with "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels". She had a heck of a voice too! She was one of the first country singers who made it big, she really made a big stepping stone for women today in country music.
Now Patsy Cline, is one lady that I have heard of. I didn't know how she died though, and how she did was very sad. In the pictures, I loved the way she looked. Then if only it was in color, her bright red lips, and her skirts and her stockings. I also liked the way they said in it that she was a flirt and didn't care what she said to guys, with how she would sleep with them and, "I'm Patsy Cline and I'm gonna screw the boots off you." She had a very good sense of humor. I feel really bad for her though, with what she had to go through growing up. People in her home town don't even like her, and for her funeral they didn't even go, it was mostly out of towners. It's so sad.
I'm so glad to start reading this book, and very excited to keep going on it, I hope the rest is this good!

No comments: